The Kane Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, voluntary membership corporation that works to promote local businesses, supports new and existing businesses and welcomes new members of the community and tourists passing through. The Chamber is open to the public and can answer questions about our community and provide other services.
Benefits of being a member of the Kane Chamber of Commerce:
- Your business is eligible to receive Kane Gift Certificates. Sold at the Chamber office, Kane Gift Certificates bring new money into Chamber businesses. When your business receives a Kane Gift Certificate, simply deposit the Kane Gift Certificate into your bank as you would a check. It’s easy! Over $13,000 worth of Kane Gift Certificates were sold in the first year! Every gift certificate sold comes with a list of Chamber members, so your business name gets shared with every purchase.
- Your business is promoted in various ways.
- Business pamphlets and/or business cards are displayed in the Chamber of Commerce office
- Listed on the Kane website (kanepa.com)
- NEW IN 2021! Part of the membership directory, a full color publication that is given to local lodging, real estate agents and the hospital and local corporations for recruiting purposes.
- You receive emails just for Chamber businesses. The content of these emails could be loan and grant information, community projects open to Chamber members (ex. the photojournalism project during Covid-19, which can be viewed here), getting information first on Chamber initiatives (ex. the town branding project survey) and more. It’s a great way to stay connected to new opportunities and things happening in the community.
- You have access to Chamber video conferencing equipment and meeting space. Through a grant from the county, we recently received a TV screen and video camera that makes teleconferences easy. As a Chamber member, you are welcome to schedule times to come and use the equipment at the Chamber office. We also have a small conference table you can reserve for meetings.
- Your dues contribute to exciting projects in Kane. In addition to supporting the Chamber of Commerce, your dues go toward supporting initiatives like the town branding project and free community events like parades and ribbon cuttings.
- You receive discounts on Chamber events. The Chamber hosts a variety of community and networking events. Some of the networking and informational events have a small admission fee, however as a Chamber member your fee is discounted or waived, depending on the event.
Kane Chamber Events:
- Homecoming Parade
- Election Day Soup Luncheon
- Santa Parade
- Citizen of the Year Banquet
- Women’s Luncheon
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
- Business After Hours- Networking event hosted monthly by a different Chamber business to highlight products and services that business offers. Great networking opportunity!
- Eggs & Issues- Bi-monthly breakfast and presentation on relevant topics
- Lunch & Learn- Bi-monthly lunch and presentation on relevant topics
Membership benefits center around networking, marketing, advertising, referrals, brochure distribution, and employee savings. Inquiries received at the Kane Chamber of Commerce are always referred first to our members. Member brochures or flyers are displayed in our office kiosk on a regular rotating basis.
We encourage you to give serious consideration to align your business with many of our area’s strongest businesses and organizations. Once you have made the decision to join or rejoin, please complete the membership application. Dues are based on business type and employee count.
We thank you in advance for your support. Together we make Kane an ideal place to live, work and play! Please call us at 814-837-6565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If you have comments or suggestions, we would love to hear from you!